We are looking for a full time, permanent WordPress Web Developer to join our superstar production team. Working closely with our team of designers and developers, you will be responsible for producing robust and innovative websites, web applications and digital marketing materials.
Salary : Based on experience, skills and potential.Apply now
You will be responsible for:
- Providing accurate timing estimates on work
- Contributing to documentation (client training notes and process documentation)
- Discussing technical solutions with clients and providing innovative new ideas to solutions
- Maintaining a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies
- Becoming closely integrated into the development team, collaborating and sharing ideas, supporting other team members
- Constantly seeking to develop yourself by learning new technologies
Skills and experience – must haves
- At least 2+ years developing WordPress websites
- Well developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Understanding of WordPress PHP templating techniques in theming
- Excellent HTML(5), CSS(3)
- Developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions
- Experience with JQuery
Skills and experience – nice to haves
- Experience with the LAMP stack
- Understanding of Web Accessibility
- Experience working with version control systems such as Git
- An understanding of deployment processes – deployment, staging and production
- Be comfortable with basic command line usage within Linux or *nix environments
- Sublime Text editor experience would be beneficial
- Proficient with a CSS Pre-processor such as Sass or LESS
What’s it like to work at Rouge?
Rouge Media is a digital design and development agency. We have a full range of clients from start-ups to large corporates. We deliver and support WordPress marketing sites, powerful web applications and everything in between. This breadth and range keeps us stable and secure as a business, and the variety keeps day-to-day work exciting and varied.
All our designers and developers work closely as a team. Problems get solved together. We spend time working on our own, but never in isolation.
One of the founding philosophies of the business was to protect a work-life balance. We believe that staying late, night after night, doesn’t mean more work gets done. So we try not to do it. We work hard, but we work efficiently.
We are easy to get to and well connected despite working in a village. We are right by Junction 12 of the M4. Rouge is 5 minutes walk from Theale train station, with direct trains to London Paddington.
We think Rouge is a special place to work, and a business is nothing without its people. We love the paths we have chosen, and we love working together, even on a Monday Morning! Here are some of the other perks:
- Working from home flexibility
- Flexible start and finish times
- 25 days holiday (+ Bank holidays)
- Performance related bonuses
- Closed between Christmas and New Year
- Closed at 4pm on Fridays
- Book / training budget
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Child Care voucher scheme
- Dress down, relaxed working environment
- Regular food based events!