Logo & Identity Design
Your logo is the figurehead of your brand. The identifier by which you stand head and shoulders above the competition. It needs to stand out. And it needs to engage with the hearts and minds of your customers.
Logos and brands your customers will love
At Rouge, we begin any branding or logo design project by asking questions. We get to know your audience. Get into their shoes and understand what will appeal. If you are a start-up company maybe you should look like one? If you are a law firm maybe you should appear as if you have been around forever? Once we understand your audience we can start imagining, exploring, sketching and creating your new logo, or refreshing your current one.
A logo from Rouge will make you look like the company you are striving to become. It’s the branding and design version of dressing for success.Ask us a question
Modern logos, traditional craftsmanship.
Our designers can’t wait to break out the pencils to start sketching, but before that, we will usually host a discovery session. And, like a therapist, ask you to start from the beginning. We’ll ask questions that may not have been thought about to get right under the skin of your organisation.
A few rules we follow when creating logos:
- Sketch to explore Our initial ideas are always first explored with pencil and paper. This tests the concepts, generates ideas and quickly identifies what has potential to be a great logo.
- We design logos to last 100 years Not every company will make this auspicious birthday, but if we don’t start out with this as our design intention, then we would never hit the quality required.
- Black & white first We always design logos in flat black and white first. This tests whether the logo works in its simplest form. If it doesn’t work in black and white, then it isn’t a logo.
- Colour Logos that prove themselves with the black and white test are given a splash of colour. This could be well established corporate colours, or something fresh. Colour theories are applied to determine a colour scheme based on the company’s values.
- Test in situ An idea sketched on a pad, or created on screen might look fabulous, but how it works, when applied, is the real test of success. We check our logo designs; printed, viewed on-screen, viewed small, viewed big, viewed when standing on a table, and we even view them by surprise (seriously, ask us about it). Your logo needs to be flexible to be used in any number of ways.
Related case studies
Your logo is the first introduction most people will have of your company, and that will inform their decision on whether you are the right solution for them. It should indicate to your customers and prospects what you do, and why they should do business with you. A logo from Rouge will communicate your core principles through shape and form, font, colour and iconography.
Related blog articles
Digital MarketingWeb DesignRead article