WordPress DeveloperWe are looking for a WordPress Web Developer to join us at an exciting period of growth.
Send us your CV
WordPress Developer Role
We are looking for a full time, permanent WordPress Web Developer to join our superstar production team. Working closely with our team of designers and developers, you will be responsible for producing robust and innovative websites, web applications and digital marketing materials.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing accurate timing estimates on work.
- Contributing to documentation (client training notes and process documentation).
- Discussing technical solutions with clients and providing innovative new ideas to solutions.
- Maintaining a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies.
- Becoming closely integrated into the development team, collaborating and sharing ideas, supporting other team members.
- Constantly seeking to develop yourself by learning new technologies.
Skills and experience – must haves
- At least 2+ years developing WordPress websites
- Well developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Understanding of WordPress PHP templating techniques in theming
- Excellent HTML(5), CSS(3)
- Developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions
- Experience with JQuery
Skills and experience – nice to haves
- Experience with the LAMP stack
- Understanding of Web Accessibility
- Experience working with version control systems such as Git
- An understanding of deployment processes – deployment, staging and production
- Be comfortable with basic command line usage within Linux or *nix environments
- Sublime Text editor experience would be beneficial
- Proficient with a CSS Pre-processor such as Sass or LESS
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays
- Closed between Christmas and New Year
- Closed at 4pm on Fridays
- Book / training budget
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Dress down, relaxed working environment
£Salary depending on experience. Tell us what you’re worth!
What’s it like to work at Rouge?
Rouge Media is a digital design and development agency. We have a full range of clients from start-ups to large corporates. We deliver and support WordPress marketing sites, large Drupal sites and portals, powerful web applications and everything in between. This breadth and range keeps us stable and secure as a business, and the variety keeps day-to-day work exciting and varied.
All our designers and developers work closely as a team. Problems get solved together. We spend time working on our own, but never in isolation.
One of the founding philosophies of the business was to protect a work-life balance. We believe that staying late, night after night, doesn’t mean more work gets done. So we try not to do it. We work hard, but we work efficiently.
We are easy to get to and well connected despite working in a village. We are right by Junction 12 of the M4. Rouge is 5 minutes walk from Theale train station, on the Paddington line from London.
We like our food. Theale village has a great shops, pubs, a curry house, bakery and the best baguette shop this side of Calais. The business buys lunch for everyone on birthdays. Thursday is ‘bake off’ (or ‘fake off’ depending on excuses), where we take it in turns to bake tasty snacks for the studio.
If you think this is the job for you, get in touch and tell us why!