Rouge Media is a digital design and development agency. We create solutions for B2B clients, from start-ups to large corporates. We deliver and support WordPress marketing websites, powerful web applications and everything in between. This breadth and range keep us stable and secure as a business, and the variety keeps day-to-day work exciting and varied.
All our designers and developers work closely as a team, under one roof. Problems get solved together. We spend time working on our own, but never in isolation.
We are seeking a mid-weight Web Designer to join this team.
The following skills and abilities are required for this role:
- Graphic design fundamentals – space, layout, perspective, contrast, proportions, balance
- Understand and deliver the core disciplines of digital design – responsive design, website fundamentals, etc.
- The ability to create rapid design prototypes
- UX fundamentals – knowledge and processes
- UI – front-end design – developing style
- Knowledge of and creation of atomic/modular design and design systems
- A professional Figma user
- Solid experience in Adobe XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Skilled across the Office356 apps
- An understanding of branding & general brand strategy
- Logo/identity design is a good additional skill
- An eye and ability for typographic design are essential
- Creative process orientated
- The ability to communicate through your design, through the written word, and with your voice
- A confident and driven person that is simply passionate about creating commercial design that sells.
- Some animation skills using After Effects, creating video, or 3D software such as Blender, could be a nice addition
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £35,000.00-£40,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- Bonus scheme
- Web design: 3 years (required)
- Work Location: In person
It is important that you can send us a portfolio demonstrating that you have these skills. Any applications without a portfolio link will not be considered.
The role is hybrid – with three days in the office, two days at home each week. We are easy to get to know and well connected despite working in a leafy village. We are right by Junction 12 of the M4. Rouge is 5-minutes’ walk from Theale train station, with direct trains to London Paddington. This is NOT a remote role. Please only apply if you can sensibly commute to our office location (RG7) three days per week.
If you think you have the skills, and you fancy joining the team at Rouge, please send us your CV and, most importantly, a portfolio of your latest and greatest website design work.
What’s it like to work at Rouge?
Rouge Media is a digital design and development agency. We have a full range of clients from start-ups to large corporates. We deliver and support WordPress marketing sites, powerful web applications and everything in between. This breadth and range keeps us stable and secure as a business, and the variety keeps day-to-day work exciting and varied.
All our designers and developers work closely as a team. Problems get solved together. We spend time working on our own, but never in isolation.
One of the founding philosophies of the business was to protect a work-life balance. We believe that staying late, night after night, doesn’t mean more work gets done. So we try not to do it. We work hard, but we work efficiently.
We are easy to get to and well connected despite working in a village. We are right by Junction 12 of the M4. Rouge is 5 minutes walk from Theale train station, with direct trains to London Paddington.
We think Rouge is a special place to work, and a business is nothing without its people. We love the paths we have chosen, and we love working together, even on a Monday Morning! Here are some of the other perks:
- Working from home flexibility
- Flexible start and finish times
- 25 days holiday (+ Bank holidays)
- Performance related bonuses
- Closed between Christmas and New Year
- Closed at 4pm on Fridays
- Book / training budget
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Child Care voucher scheme
- Dress down, relaxed working environment
- Regular food based events!
- Studio fruit and snacks
- Private medical scheme