PHP Web DeveloperWe are looking for a full time, permanent Web Developer to join our superstar production team. Working closely with our team of designers and developers, you will be responsible for producing robust and innovative websites, web applications and digital marketing materials.
Send us your CV
We are looking for a full time, permanent Web Developer to join our superstar production team. Working closely with our team of designers and developers, you will be responsible for producing robust and innovative websites, web applications and digital marketing materials.
You will be responsible for:
- Solid commercial experience of seeing a project through its entire lifecycle
- Providing accurate timing estimates on work
- Discussing technical issues with clients and providing innovative solutions
- Becoming closely integrated into the development team, collaborating and sharing ideas and supporting other team members
- Maintaining a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies
- Constantly seeking to develop yourself by learning new technologies
- Contributing to continuous process improvement and documentation
- Reporting to the Lead Developer
Skills and experience – must haves
- Very well developed analytical and problem solving skills
- High level PHP (OOP) coding
- LAMP based Open Source CMS experience necessary – Drupal or WordPress preferred
- Writing custom code within an existing CMS or framework i.e. authoring custom modules or plugin code
- Excellent HTML(5), CSS(3).
Skills and experience – nice to haves
- Experience working with version control systems such as Git
- Be comfortable with basic command line usage within Linux or *nix environments
- Proficient with a CSS Pre-processor such as Sass or LESS
- An understanding of deployment processes – deployment, staging and production.
- PHP framework experience – Laravel preferred
- 25 days holiday
- Closed between Christmas and New Year
- Closed at 4pm on Fridays
- Book / training budget
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Dress down, relaxed working environment
£Salary depending on experience. Tell us what you’re worth!
What’s it like to work at Rouge?
Rouge Media is a digital design and development agency. We have a full range of clients from start-ups to large corporates. We deliver and support WordPress marketing sites, large Drupal sites and portals, powerful web applications and everything in between. This breadth and range keeps us stable and secure as a business, and the variety keeps day-to-day work exciting and varied.
All our designers and developers work closely as a team. Problems get solved together. We spend time working on our own, but never in isolation.
One of the founding philosophies of the business was to protect a work-life balance. We believe that staying late, night after night, doesn’t mean more work gets done. So we try not to do it. We work hard, but we work efficiently.
We are easy to get to and well connected despite working in a village. We are right by Junction 12 of the M4. Rouge is 5 minutes walk from Theale train station, on the Paddington line from London.
We like our food. Theale village has a great shops, pubs, a curry house, bakery and the best baguette shop this side of Calais. The business buys lunch for everyone on birthdays. Thursday is ‘bake off’ (or ‘fake off’ depending on excuses), where we take it in turns to bake tasty snacks for the studio.
If you think this is the job for you, get in touch and tell us why!
No agencies please