Head of Design
Do you have a passion for creating digital design? Have you reached the point where you are ready to lead and develop a team of designers? Or are you already leading a team and looking for the next challenge?
As part of our agency leadership team, you will guide a team of designers in creating the best B2B branding, website and creative work possible. You will take full ownership of our design team, encouraging them to raise the quality and performance of their work.
You will work closely with our Head of Operations and Head of Development to help steer the agency toward greater success and continued growth.
About You – What you will bring to Rouge
• Make brilliant designs yourself
• Run the Rouge Design Team
• Influence and elevate the Design Team’s output
• Play an effective role in scheduling and balancing work across the studio
• Experience and expertise in creating successful commercial design
• Display a deep knowledge of the needs of B2B business and marketing leaders
• Bring and share your energy and enthusiasm
• Charisma and magnetic leadership
• A hunger to continually improve your design and that of the team
• The ability to output creative design that delivers genuine business results for our clients
• Operate Adobe design software, including XD, with consummate ease
• Bring a deep technical understanding of digital design (especially around websites)
• An ability to educate and lead clients on our process (especially around websites)
About The Team – What you will help the team with
• Improve the calibre and ability of the Design Team through coaching and growth
• Raise the bar on the quality and effectiveness of the creative output at Rouge
• Review, assess and lead individual design team members
• Report to the Directors on the performance and improvements of the design team
• Be the first contact for any challenge in the Design Team
• Solve problems using your expertise in design and laser-guided common sense
• Offer understanding, logic, and guide solutions in others
• Work as part of the Leadership Team to operate and improve our process across all disciplines
• Take complete control of the Design Team at Rouge.
Experience: Design agency: 8 years (required)
Work authorisation: United Kingdom (required)
Work Location: Hybrid in Reading, RG7 5BX. Reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work.
Salary: This is a senior role!Apply now
What’s it like to work at Rouge?
Rouge Media is a digital design and development agency. We have a full range of clients from start-ups to large corporates. We deliver and support WordPress marketing sites, powerful web applications and everything in between. This breadth and range keeps us stable and secure as a business, and the variety keeps day-to-day work exciting and varied.
All our designers and developers work closely as a team. Problems get solved together. We spend time working on our own, but never in isolation.
One of the founding philosophies of the business was to protect a work-life balance. We believe that staying late, night after night, doesn’t mean more work gets done. So we try not to do it. We work hard, but we work efficiently.
We are easy to get to and well connected despite working in a village. We are right by Junction 12 of the M4. Rouge is 5 minutes walk from Theale train station, with direct trains to London Paddington.
We think Rouge is a special place to work, and a business is nothing without its people. We love the paths we have chosen, and we love working together, even on a Monday Morning! Here are some of the other perks:
- Working from home flexibility
- Flexible start and finish times
- 25 days holiday (+ Bank holidays)
- Performance related bonuses
- Closed between Christmas and New Year
- Closed at 4pm on Fridays
- Book / training budget
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Child Care voucher scheme
- Dress down, relaxed working environment
- Regular food based events!