Our approach to ecommerce websites
As experienced marketers, designers and developers, Rouge create ecommerce websites that are intuitive to use (for you and your customers), and genuinely targeted at increasing your conversion rates. Imagine being able to sell your service all around the world. What about a store that actually encourages your customers to buy more?
Our ecommerce expertise is across the board: from build to creative, and from technical to strategy. Ecommerce web design and ecommerce web development are skills that Rouge use to breathe new life into your online shop, or work with you and your ﬁrst spark of an idea. Either way the result is a ringing cash register and a successful ecommerce website.
6 Reasons to choose Rouge...
- Over 200 custom websites, web applications and online marketing materials successfully delivered.
- UK based team. Our designers, developers and SEO experts solve problems together.
- Bespoke design to ﬁt to your requirements, market and brand.
- Delivering a customer’s ecommerce website is just the beginning. We will partner with you to ensure that your marketing, and your website, are both fully supported.
- We love what we do – and you’ll ﬁnd us friendly and plain speaking (even our developers!).
- Unlimited products and categories
- Search Engine friendly
- Mobile friendly – responsive layouts or full mobile versions
- Secure user management and registration system
- Payment gateway integration
- Fully content manageable
- Vouchers and codes
- Analytics integration
- Shipping control options
- Multiple currencies and languages
- Social integration
- Product Search
- Reviews and ratings
- Control of menu system, structure and navigation
- Support and maintenance
- SEO / PPC
Do you do produce your websites in-house?
Yes we do, we leave nothing to chance by off-shoring. Our team of designers and developers work together from the quoting, specifying, design, development, delivery and support phases. We are in full control of the design and code at all times of the project.
What technology do you use?
We are predominantly an open source company. We use PHP / MySQL based systems, most often in the shape of WordPress, Drupal or bespoke code. We start with an existing platform and build up from there to meet the customer requirement and business objectives. This means we can deliver a secure, feature rich, easy to manage website that’s built efficiently and cost effectively.
My budget is limited at this point. Can you cater for my business?
Of course. Because we do not employ one-size-fits-all approach to technology we can work with you to find a cost effective approach to getting your products and services online – from simple PayPal buttons to a fully featured ecommerce platform. We’ll give you the professional tools and information you need to help your business grow.
My business offering is unusual. Do you do bespoke development solutions?
Yes, we do. Our seasoned web development team can develop custom modules or even build an ecommerce system from the ground up if that’s what your business needs.
Will you redesign my existing ecommerce website?
Clients often come to us with an existing website that needs a redesign, a new platform or both. This process often involves migration of content and customers data from the old to the new site. This of course needs to be handled carefully to ensure that content and customer accounts are preserved and the experience of transition to a new site is seamless for valued customers.
Do you design and develop mobile friendly ecommerce websites?
Yes. Almost every piece of digital work that leaves our studio has been considered for mobile use. In most business sectors more than half of users are accessing websites on a mobile device. We now approach all projects with a mobile first philosophy.
How do you manage Search Engine Optimisation?
We have Google qualified individuals in the team which allows us plan, build and test against Google best practice guidelines. We will:
- Design and develop pages that are intended for users and avoid tricks intended to improve search engine rankings.
- Make the website pages and assets accessible to crawlers
- Ensure that code and mark-up are semantically correct
- Ensure that the website is mobile friendly
- Test the website to ensure it correctly appears on modern browsers
- Optimise site speed and performance
This is the minimum starting point and the foundation for a Search Engine Marketing strategy.
Ecommerce in 2015 – top tips for selling online
It’s easier than ever to sell online. Today, webmasters can launch an ecommerce website using intuitive, free and open-source software, and even setting up payment gateways is not that much of a challenge. However, while the barrier to entry into the world of ecommerce is low, that does not mean that it is easy to run a successful e-commerce site. Attracting buyers is something that takes sustained effort, and getting visitors to trust you enough to make a purchase requires careful design and marketing… Read more >
10 ways to improve your marketing by tapping the power of the phone call
When trying to decide if your website is actually working there are many ways of tracking the visits and traffic. You can use Analytics to see how many visitors come in and where they come from even what they do on the site… Read more >