Drupal Web Development
Although we are seasoned experts with several powerful Content Management Systems, Drupal is our oldest friend. We have been designing, developing and supporting Drupal websites and web applications since 2009, way back with Drupal Version 6.
What Rouge and Drupal can do for you:
Rouge web Developers like Drupal because it provides more freedom and flexibility. And being the authors of the code gives us more control over security and performance. The end result is a powerful and highly tuned website or application that achieves the organisation’s goals and continues to be both robust and flexible. That is why we are a Drupal agency. Here’s some of the powerful stuff we can do for you:
- Design and develop highly functional websites and applications
- Integrate Drupal with other systems such as CRMs, databases and APIs.
- Optimise your current Drupal site (page load speed, accessibility, security)
- Hosting, support and mainentance for Drupal sites
- Migrate your current non-Drupal content into a new Drupal website
- Upgrade your website to the latest version of Drupal.
Over the last 11+ years as a Drupal agency, we have built beautiful and secure websites and web apps for businesses, public sector, and not-for-profit organisations. Here’s some highlights:
- An Elearning system for a supercar manufacturer
- Bespoke applications for a mapping data company
- A course search and booking system for a large community college
- Content repositories for a government body
- A new-recruit on-boarding website for Europe’s largest arts university
- Recruitment functionality for a global IT company
- Marketing websites for all sorts of organisations large and small.
We have been lucky enough to work with...
What makes Drupal the best choice for my project?
Out of the box, Drupal is more of a content management platform – A highly extensible framework that provides a solid foundation for more enterprise sites and complex projects.
Drupal is suited to web projects that have:
- Integrations, like external databases and information management systems. Complex integrations are easier to build, are more reliable and more scaleable with Drupal.
- Large user bases, where login is required and granular levels of access control to content is needed. Drupal has always been best in class when it comes to user control.
- Bespoke functionality. There are now plenty of technologies and frameworks that allow for the easy build of web applications, but Drupal can hold its head up when it comes to complex, functional websites, especially if it the site takes advantage of some of the other main benefits in this list.
- Large and complex content needs like a publishing platform or a university course catalogue. Drupal’s powerful taxonomy, combined with its scalability and user control makes large and complex content sites easy to manage.
The current version of Drupal is version 9. With Drupal 7 and 8 still commonly used, website owners that speak with us are often confused about which version to use and how best to future-proof their sites. Drupal’s upgrade philosophy has been to create a clean break from the old version, but this makes upgrading impossible without a full rebuild. Rebuilding your website from scratch each time can be a headache.
Rouge is here to help you decide on the best approach to your content management platform. Our multi-disciplined, in-house Drupal web development team will offer our significant experience to help you develop your requirements and make sure that your CMS is right for you, for now, and for the future.
We look after local clients and their Drupal websites in Reading, Berkshire, London, and the UK.
Please note that we are not currently taking on new Drupal web development or support work. We will review this decision when we can properly review Drupal 9. Right now WordPress is our content management system of choice for our clients. Please have a look at some of the fabulous work we have been doing with the WordPress CMS.
"We are really happy with our new website, which is performing far better than our old one! It has given Aspen a cleaner image that really speaks to our core audience, and gets them to the information and pages they need without any fuss, which was our prime goal. The clarity of the design, the quality of the build has been reflected in a much lower bounce rate."
"We are delighted with the outcome and cannot recommend Rouge enough. I have received compliments from staff and customers alike on the new site."
"Wonderful! Our bespoke LMS from Rouge has made a massive difference to our ability to deliver sales training in the classroom, remotely and in the showroom."