/ team / jobs / front end web developer
Opportunity: Front End Web Developer
We are looking for a Front End Web Developer to join us at an exciting period of growth.
Front End Developer Role
You will be responsible for building robust, standards-compliant front end code, working closely with the team of designers, back-end and other front end developers to create outstanding and innovative websites, web applications and digital marketing materials. Most of the time you will be working with Drupal or WordPress content management systems or bespoke PHP based websites or web applications.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing accurate timing estimates on work.
- Contributing to documentation (client training notes and process documentation).
- Discussing technical solutions with clients and providing innovative new ideas to solutions.
- Maintaining a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies.
- Becoming closely integrated into the development team, collaborating and sharing ideas, supporting other team members.
- Constantly seeking to develop yourself by learning new technologies.
Skills and experience
- Excellent HTML(5), CSS(3).
- Experience with the LAMP stack.
- Developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions.
- Experience with JQuery
- Experience integrating with server-side code to produce dynamic pages.
- Good understanding of Web Accessibility.
- Experience working with version control systems such as Git
- An understanding of deployment processes - deployment, staging and production.
- Be comfortable with basic command line usage within Linux or *nix environments.
- Sublime Text editor experience would be beneficial.
- Proficient with a CSS Pre-processor such as Sass or LESS.
For a more detailed breakdown of the skills we need take a look at the Drupal Front End Developer skills page: https://www.drupal.org/node/1245650
If you think this is the job for you, get in touch and tell us why!