As we know, Google’s Penguin and Panda algorithms have been designed to help the searcher find the best quality results that are available for any given search. However, a number of high profile sites have fallen foul of these algorithms and have had to work incredibly hard to regain a place on the organic listings, you could be forgiven for thinking that if even those sites are falling off the rankings, what chance has your site got? Well, providing you have gone down the approved routes for gaining on the rankings, you should be alright. Remaining on the organic listings is another matter, it needs to be worked at continually so that you do not lose ground. The Penguin algorithm is constantly being tweaked so it is more important than ever to be aware of how to avoid penalties.
I thought Google had slowed down its back to back updates chain from 24 January 2013, but this update made me to rethink about ways to stay safe from the impacts of the approaching Google updates.
As Google is trying to improve the quality of search results, many previous techniques do not work now. After research I found some techniques which can be effective to avoid penalty from Google penguin updates:
Creating and sharing an informative content to get the attention of people to market business online is all about Content Marketing. Sometimes people think that blogging is the only way of content marketing, but they are wrong. Here I am explaining all possible ways of online content promotion:
- Promote your content socially amongst your friends and colleagues on different sites like Facebook, twitter, Google plus etc.
- Promoting the content in the form of videos on different quality sites like YouTube, Vimeo,Viddler etc.
- Documents, slides and PDF are also good ways to share content on different websites like, Docstoc, SlideShare and AuthorStream.
- “By creating almost 50 infographics, we were able to drive over 2 million visitors and 41,000 backlinks for under $30,000”- as quoted by Neil Patel (Co-founder of Kissmetrics). So it is good idea to use blog content in the form of an infographic and post it on different sites.
- Guest posting is also one of the best promotion techniques to increase awareness about your products and services. It helps to build more links for your blog or site. Interviews posting is also a potential way to engage users on your blog or site.
- Podcast is another good way to use your content in audio form and then share it on other sites.
Content on a blog alone is like “a tree falling in a forest and no one is around to hear it”-Wikipedia. So you should know the mediums that people are using to share their contents.
Social media sharing is the finest practice to engage or attract users through social media sites. Social media sites allow people to like, share, update and join activities & gain traffic from people that are using the social sites.
Why people are connected with different brands and businesses socially? What people find in those brands”? The answer is simple. People are connected with a brand in social media due to three basic factors:
For enjoyment like “Barack Obama”, people are inspired of his personality and people enjoy updated information on their Social Media pages.
- 35M Facebook likes
- 2792315 Google plus ones
- 139K Twitter Followers
For interest like “Ford Motor Company”, people love cars and are interested to know more about the advanced features and quality design of new cars.
- 1.8M Facebook likes
- 2,068,190 Google plus ones
- 199K Twitter Followers
For information, a good example is “SEOmoz.org”. It is an organization which provides information related to internet marketing. Click here to continue